Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 6 & Day 7

Last day of lectures, and what a way to end: Sam Donaldson. I was looking forward to this session as something similar to Ted Koppel, it wasn't exactly what I hoped for, but still good nonetheless.


The net day was the last of our small group session, and the last site visit. I have to say, the small group discussions have to be my favorite part of the trip. Being able to have such intellectual conversations with so many different people with different political views isn't something I am normally pr ivied to as a Polytechnic student, so I really did enjoy them very much so. After we had our discussion we toured the Newseum. WOW. Of all the places we visited, I think this may have been my favorite. I spent 6 hours in this place, I've never spent so long in a museum before. The only reason why I didn't spend any longer here is actually because the little group we broke into got tired. I definitely recommend anyone who is in the DC area to give this place a visit, you'd love it just as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment